I have issues.

I am a phone DESTROYER!!!!!
This is my FOURTH phone in the last year! What is my problem?!? No matter how hard I try I am apparently destined to lose or ruin phones! Frustration!!!!!
I just did this today. I went to Old Navy this morning, and on my way out of the store I even checked my purse to make sure everything was there. Keys... check. Wallet... check. Phone... check. I loaded my kids into the car, drove away, and when I was waiting to turn on to state street I remembered I needed to text my sister back. So I reached into my purse for my phone, and it wasn't there!!! I drove out onto state street, found the nearest parking lot to pull into, and frantically searched my car. When I couldn't find it, I drove back to Old Navy - it wasn't in the parking lot. I ran inside and asked the store workers if it had been turned in. Nope. At a loss, and with a crying baby and hungry toddler, I left and went to my dad's greenhouse to grab some pansies. I figured my phone HAD to be somewhere in my car, so I used a store phone from the greenhouse to call it. When my phone went straight to voicemail I wanted to vomit. That meant it was dead - it was fully charged this morning. I got my pansies, and decided to make one last attempt to find my phone. Even though it was most likely ruined, I need closure. So I drove back to American Fork and right as I pulled up to the corner where I had pulled out onto state street earlier, I saw something on the road glisten in the sun. Yep, it was my phone. Sitting in pieces in the middle of State Street. I pulled over, got out of my car, watched like thirty cars run over it again and again and again, and when there was finally a break in traffic I ran out into the road and got it. Hey, at least I got my SIM card back.
How did it get there?? What happened??? Well, I think I am going through postpartum BRAIN DAMAGE. I loose stuff, forget stuff, RUIN stuff, all the time. I am guessing that as I was loading one of my kids in the car I must have set my phone on top of the car - even though I have NO recollection of it ever being in my hand! When I walked out of Old Navy it was in my purse!
And the ironic part is that as I was sitting there at the first of my story, waiting to pull out on to state street, thinking I should text my sister, then realizing my phone was not in my purse - it was sitting on top of my car still. In one piece. It somehow survived all my left-hand turns on the way to state street, but flew off as I turned onto state street to go looking for it!!! I am so depressed right now.
Another crappy thing is that I really want an iPhone, and I have been trying so hard not to loose or ruin this phone to prove to myself that I could get one and not destroy it. But nope, I have no justification to spend the money on an iPhone now.
Thank you blog for letting me vent... since I can't call and vent to a person! So, friends and fam, I will be out of reach for a while. Email me. I will be checking it a lot until I can replace my phone.
:(

5 comments:
oh no! that sucks. i say go for an iphone! it is actually now so cheap compared to any other smartphone out there. you won't lose it cause it slides so nicely into a pocket. and i drop mine all the time but it's a champ.
So sad :(. What a bad day! I'm glad you got some pretty flowers to help make it better!
Sad day! I know how that goes. I broke 2 in one year and thought that was bad. :(
Cody - I found your blog on facebook (I know I am a loser). Good to see everything is going well for you and your family. Keep in touch.
Caleb Jones
cabediaddy.blogspot.com
Rats. Well look at it this way - at least you got to ruin it before a child beat you to it!
Post a Comment