11.22.2010

little randoms of today..

Today at preschool, Ava's class had a Thanksgiving 'feast', where they all brought some fruit for the meal, dressed up as Indians and pilgrims in costumes they'd made, and had a little feast together. She came home from school today more chatty and excited than she has all year.. she LOVED it. How cute is the little Indian headdress and shirt-thing they made??

Later on today, I told the kids we needed to go to Macey's for a few groceries. Macey's is one of Cohen's favorite stores to go to because they have 'race-car' shopping carts.. He's obsessed. Anyway, I mentioned we would be going to the store in a little bit, and the kids ran upstairs to "get ready". They came down a few minutes later dressed so random, but so excited about their choices I didn't have the heart to make any changes. So Ava went to the store in her fluffy skirt, dress-up high heels, too-small shirt, and self-done hair style. And Cohen felt the need to switch into shorts on this chilly day, then add some Dora sunglasses and Spider Man boots to accessorize. He originally had dress-up high-heels on as well, but he decided they weren't comfy, so luckily he made the last minute switch to the boots..

These two are becoming quite the best of friends :)

6 comments:

Murray Family said...

Haha, those outfits are awesome! They look so cute. And Ava's Indian costume is so fun. Madi has her program and feast today; she's so excited. I love seeing them come home from school all excited to tell us everything :)

Tawny Catudal said...

This is the best! I love the little daily tidbits, those are the things I miss the most. I cant stop cracking up at the picture of them outside of Maceys, like it's the greatest journey they've been on ever, and so posing in their individual personalities:s Ava is bright and proper, Cohen looking silly and ditzy.

Kara Anderson said...

TOO CUTE! They are so funny. I love your family so much

Lynnette said...

Mmmmmmwhaaaa! That's me blowing a kiss thru the computer to those innocent little chilluns!

carolee said...

fun to see all the updates! your kids are darling. fun to see your whole family in the halloween pictures. :)

Heather Lee said...

I loved this post. I laughed so hard at the photo. So cute. I especially loved the way Ava styled her hair and Cohen's Dora glasses. And when you said that he decided to change into shorts. I do the same thing, Holland has gone out probably one too many times dressed like a pageant girl. I'm waiting for someone to tell me that 2 year olds shouldn't wear make-up.