Here's something ironic... We've had this car (note post below) for maybe a month now, and the day I decide to post a few pics it DIES!!! How pathetic.
Quite literally, Cody was driving up I-15 today on his way to a purchase a car from an auction, when the slow incline hill at the point of the mountain proved to be no match for the four-cylinder "gem" that had seen its days. Cody noticed something strange when he could not go faster than 40 mph while cars were flying by. The ol' mule gave up the ghost in the HOV lane. Opening the hood to investigate the wounded helicopter sound and the burning metal smell, he found the blown head gasket. The burly and unshaven local towing expert from Vern's Towing offered Cody $200 for the POS, which was $100 higher than the other offer from Jose, who sold it to us. "Si, es un head gasket he confirmed. Es no good." So Cody and the dead silver bullet parted ways, but in a nostalgic moment as he left, he re-inserted the original CD that came with the car back into the CD deck for the next lucky owner, "La Banda Grande 4."
3.07.2008
Our New DEAD Car
Posted by
Cody and Jessie
at
3/07/2008 05:34:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
That is so funny! I'm sorry about the dead car though. By the way, it made me happy when Lykke Li started playing on your page!
Jessie! I can't believe it, that is SO ironic. Seriously I was laughing durnig the whole story.. but you left one part out. What happened with the auction? Did he get there in time? He find a new car? You've left me in suspense...
Yay! I'm so glad you guys are bloggers too :). I love the pictures of Ava; she is such a DOLL!!! Oh, and to answer your question, we have a Canon Rebel XT and we LOVE it!! I highly recommend it :) If you decide to get one, come over and I'll tell you which lens we have; it makes a big difference. I'm excited I'll be able to see pictures now of your family! That's cool that Mike and Cody are in the EQ Presidency together. Oh, and did you guys get a new car at that auction?
I am so excited that you guys have a blog too. It's way fun! I am so sorry about the car. The story was hilarious though! We need to have you guys over for dinner soon. I know we always say that but I am serious this time!
Hey Jess...I tagged you. Check out my blog to see what to do. Just copy and paste the first part and have fun!
Post a Comment