1.21.2009

Ava's Baby

This is one of Ava's new favorite things to do...


Three weeks ago my milk completely vanished - for real - and I had to stop nursing Cohen and put him on formula so the poor guy could get enough food. I was sad. I wanted to continue breastfeeding him for so many reasons. But apparently my hormones had another agenda or something, because my body went wacky and my milk dissapeared. I'm not sad anymore, and it has been so nice to have a baby with a full belly. He is so content now. Ava is a fan of the my disappearing-milk-syndrom too, because she can finally help feed him bottles. She LOVES to give him his bottles, and she's pretty good at it actually. He is like her own real-live doll. Ava was definately meant to be the oldest child in our little family - she's a very loving, helpful, sweet big sister.


7 comments:

andrea garber said...

I LOVE it! She is such an awesome big sister. I hope Blake is like that when we have another one someday!
p.s. you still need to come over and talk!

Suz said...

That is so dang cute! How sweet! I am sorry about your milk. Mine does that too for some reason. It has done it with both my boys around 3 months. Weird

Blair Campbell said...

She is so adorable. What a sweet big sister.

Angie said...

Your milk drying up all of a sudden in crazy. Sad because you weren't the one controlling when you would be done nursing, I'm sorry. The only upside to this that I could see is that you didn't have to go through the engorgement of stopping cold turkey. Bittersweet I know.

Enjoy your new found freedom. Ava is a good helper. Just think you now have an additional 15 min. every 4 hours to get something done with both kids distracted.

Murray Family said...

Those pictures are SO sweet! What a good big sister :)

Lynnette said...

Love the pics! You can see the love and tenderness in Ava's face. Cohen is growing so fast now, its crazy!

carolee said...

that's so cute! what a good big sister.