5.02.2009

Ava's First Recital


Ava had her first dance recital today! She was so excited to "dance on the big stage" and to have my mom, sisters, and Teya there to watch. She couldn't wait to finally get to wear her pretty purple dress that has been hanging in her closet for many weeks now. Last night her excitement level was like Christmas Eve, knowing she got to do her recital today. I was just hoping she would at least get up on the stage, not be scared, and have fun. But she got up there, did her dance so cute, and had a blast! She is in the youngest class, and they all looked so tiny up on the stage, especially after watching all the older girls that danced before them. It was SO fun to watch those sweet, innocent, little 3 year-olds show off their moves!
She puts on the most random smiles for the camera
We had a fun day together... getting ready, putting her hair in curlers, doing her makeup, practicing her dance...
Here's the video of their performance. Sorry the beginning is so shaky! I was giggling the whole time because it was just so stinkin' cute. The music people played the wrong song at first, so the girls had to stand there for a little bit until they found their song. I was worried for a second that standing there waiting would make her nervous, but it didn't and she stood there trying to smile instead. She is the dancer on the right end of the group.



9 comments:

Murray Family said...

Yay!! Awesome job Ava!! That dance was the cutest thing ever. Their class did such a good job!

Sammie said...

Oh my gosh that is the cutest thing i have ever seen!! I love how Teya is was like "hey look there is ava, I wanna dance too!! " So so cute!! I like how far away she was standing!!!! Oh my gosh you cant help but smile while watching that.. So so sweet!!!!

Stephanie said...

I'm sorry, I just have to leave a comment on your blog. That was so dang cute. It's making me excited for Claire to be in dance!!! Is Cassi Williams her teacher? I totally know her, she's such a great dancer and a dance teacher! I just saw her yesterday at my sister-in-law's baby shower!

Stephanie said...

Fantastic!!

Barbi Mecham said...

That was the cutest thing ever! Ava is so adorable and looked so beautiful! So fun!

Tawny said...

I'm head over heals in love with the pic of our girls hugging. They were meant to be together! I've watched this so many times, and I still giggle and laugh EVERY time I see Ava looking so tiny on that huge stage and all on her own doing the moves!

Tawny said...

I just watched it again, it's also really funny that we're laughing constantly through the whole dance;)

Heather Lee said...

so so darling. I love the top photo of her and her cousin. It was so fun seeing you at Jamie's shower (if I haven't mentioned it already) we should definitely get together this summer.

jon and tiffany said...

I love it! Ava looks so awsome up there on that big stage, CuTe!! I showed Gracie the little clip and she has since watched it over and over again to try to learn the dance just like Ava. I need to put Gracie in dance. By the way did Cody go to chicago, did you go with him or are you trying to ruff it at home alone like I am. So far I would say its not going great, I am sure sometime in the next month I will end up in Minnisota with jony.