10.15.2009

Boat Tour of Chicago

At the end of our summer in Indiana, we spent a day in Chicago as a family. The first thing we did was take an architectural boat tour.
Ava was thrilled to go on a boat ride!
This is the lock that gets the boats from Michigan Lake to the Chicago River.
How cool is Chicago?? The river is lined with skyscrapers, and the architectural history was rich and fascinating. If you are ever in Chicago, this tour is well worth you time - so interesting and fun.




I wish I could remember the facts on this building because they were crazy! But I can't remember exactly... basically this building is ENORMOUS.
After the river tour they took us on a ride on Michigan Lake as well.
Good times :)

2 comments:

The Carlsens said...

I think that huge building had it's own zip code back in the day. They thought it was so big that it needed it.

Jenny Ricks said...

Your pictures are making me want to go to Chicago so bad! I love that city! I'm glad you're back though. Oh and random, but I went to your dad's nursery today for some tulip bulbs :)