7.11.2008

Anniversary

Today is our 5 year wedding anniversary!!
Holy cow, have we really been married that long already?? ;)
When we were first married we used to ask each other,
"Where do we hope to be in 5 years?"
Here are some of those hopes:
Finish college
Have 1 or 2 kids
Have Cody started in his career
Buy our own house
Tavel
Still be just as happy and more in love than when we were first married
And now here we are... Accomplished our whole list,
and really have everything we could care for right now.
It was fun tonight on our anniversary date to reflect on where we've been and where we are now. It's been quite the journey... We got married pretty fast -I was only 19 almost 20-, we were totally poorness, barely even into college, we really didn't really have a clue, and we had Ava a few years later while both of us were still in school... Probably haven't taken the easiest road on everything, but we have had such a great and fulfilling adventure so far, and truly wouldn't change a thing.
Life is wonderful because we are together. We are so happy, and have grown to love each other more and more since our first day as husband and wife, which is more important than anything else we could hope for.
We are excited to see what the next 5 years have in store.
Cody gave me a card today, and in it he wrote:
"I wouldn't have known life if I wouldn't have known you."

5 comments:

Angie said...

Happy Anniversary! We're so happy for you both. You've always been one of the fun-est couples we know and it was fun to look back with you and see how far you and Cody have come. You're doing a great job raising your family. We love and miss you guys!

Tawny said...

I couldn't ask for a better example from my older sister and brother. I love you guys, I'm thrilled that you're so in love still... But it's no surprise either! Anyone knows that seeing you two together, or by the way you talk of one another. You're both so amazing, I'm always talking about you two and now everyone's like "we've just gotta meet the Peters!"

Anonymous said...

Wow! 5 years! That is so awesome. I can't believe that it has already been that long. Congrats! I keep checking back here to see if your little baby boy has arrived...but I just saw your countdown and you only have 10 more days. You can do it! They for sure feel like the longest then days of the whole pregnancy, but you'll make it!

Murray Family said...

There's a way cute picture of you and Max on my blog :). Thanks for holding him! He probably got dirt all over you. I wasn't really thinking!

Krista said...

Yay, congrats!!! Where does the time go, right? It seems like just yesterday we were enjoying the newly wed life in Denver!

Good luck with the baby coming up!! I got my pics done with Skye Johansen. Her website is skyejohansen.com Loved her!!