1.16.2009

Dance Class

Ava is pointing to her Ballet shoes in this picture - They are her favorite!
Last week Ava started dance lessons. She had been asking for dance classes as one of the things she wanted for Christmas the whole month of December, so we were both so excited for her to finally get to go! And she completely loved it. She is a social little girl, but I don't get her together with other kids often enough, so she was completely delighted to go be a part of a class. She did pretty good too - for the most part. She still needs to learn to pay attention to the teacher the whole class period. I was watching her through the observation windows, and I think she spent half the class just watching herself twirl infron of the huge mirrors. She wasn't nervous either - like I was when I was little. The only time she got sad was when it was time to put on their tap shoes for the last 15 minutes of class, and she didn't have any tap shoes. Oops... I didn't know they were going to do tap. So she got sad for that part, and the teacher had to hold her. I felt bad :( But we went shopping and got her some new tap shoes, and the next time she went to class she fit right in. I think this will be a really fun thing for her - and me. I've been looking forward for my little girl to start dance probably since I found out I was having a girl! Cheesy, I know, but it is fun for me as a parent to see her having so much fun and just being a little girl in her leotards, tutu, and tights.

Here she is showing me her pliƩ that she learned... she calls it her "diamond."


10 comments:

Murray Family said...

I love her dance clothes!! She is so adorable. Madilyn calls that her "diamond" too :) I'm glad their loving their classes so much!

Suz said...

oh my gosh that is so cute! I love her little "diamond". What a doll! Makes me maybe think about having a girl. It scares me.

Angie said...

She is so cute. I can't believe it, she seems so grown up. You're not the only cheesy one, I totally dream about having a little girl in dance too. But I guess my dreams will have to change into boys in soccer. :)

You'll have to post some video of her at class. Hope all is well!

Blair Campbell said...

She is so adorable. I can't wait til Colbie can do dance class. She looks very much the part of a little dancer!!

Anonymous said...

Oh I love it! She is so cute in those ballet shoes.

Anonymous said...

Oh my adorableness! Look how she is just beaming! You can tell she feels like such a princess in her dance clothes. Its perfect for her.

Jaime Stephens said...

oh She adorable! I love that she loved dance class thats so cute, I can't wait to put Savannah in one.

Barbi Mecham said...

She is so precious!

Tawny said...

I want to take Ava and keep her. She is meant for this!

Adams clan! said...

So cute! Where is her dance class. Abbie has been showing alot of interest in dance and I want to find a place that is recommended. When are the classes? what type of dance? how much is it? let me know! Thanks