3.26.2009

Cabo Trip!

We just got home this week from a sunny trip to Cabo San Lucas, Mexico! We got invited to go down and stay in a house with some of our friends for 6 days, no kids!, and we had SO MUCH FUN. Cody and I haven't been on a vacation without kids since I was pregnant with Ava. We love our little buggers, but it sure was nice to get a little rest and relaxation!
This is the neighborhood we stayed in...
It was a private community, with some of the coolest homes I've ever seen. The privacy was wonderful, and it was great staying in a house where we could cook our own meals and lay out at the pool in the back patio!

This is basically what we did most of the trip... Soakin' in the rays!

That's the beach we hung out at most of the time. There was usually no one there but us. So nice :)

The girls!
Da boyz

One morning we went kayaking across the bay at the public beach. We saw lots of seals swimming and jumping around as we paddled. We kayaked to "Lover's Beach" and played in the waves for a while.
Cody was our designated interpreter for the trip, and he did his job well :) In this picture he is negotiating whale watching prices. He got us a good deal! This vacation was really fun for him because he served his mission in Mexico, so everything brought back memories for him. He loved being with the Mexican people, speaking Spanish, and eating tacos.

One of the highlights was eating lunch at Gordos, twice! If you ever travel to Cabo you HAVE to go there. The tacos are the most amazing EVER, freshly cooked by Gordo himself. But the best part of it all was Gordo ... he was the sweetest little guy. He runs his little restaurant with just himself and one assistant, and he is obsessed with the Beatles and Elvis. After he cooks your food he comes out, turns up the radio, and sings his heart out to whatever song he picks! So fun!
Here's a little video clip of him singing... You have to see it!

We also ate breakfast one morning at The Office - a restaurant ON the beach. You can dig your toes in the sand as you eat banana pancakes and drinking fresh orange juice.
We went whale watching one morning. And we really saw whales close up!! It was another highlight of the trip. I didn't get any pictures of the whales, so this one is just of Cody and I on the boat. We saw a HUGE whale jump completely out of the water. We also saw a mom and baby whale swimming around, and the baby put on a little show. It jumped, did a 360, and also did a tale slap! It was really really cool to see these whales out in the ocean where they live. So much better than Sea World... although I do love Sea World too.

This is the view from the house we stayed at. It was gorgeous.
What a fun trip. Thanks Jessops! And thanks mom, Boozie, and Kara for watching the kids! It was great to get away, and I was so excited to come home and see my kids. We definately missed them :)

5 comments:

Murray Family said...

I'm so glad you guys had such a fun trip. It looks GORGEOUS there!

Shawn said...

What a fun time! I can't wait to go to the beach this summer! And not be a beached whale. Love the pics. You guys are way tan!

SALLY

Tawny said...

Geeze Louise! What a rad time. I didn't realize you saw the whales that good with them being tricky! That would be weird to be with no kids for so long...

It's super late, been the longest day in the world, still have miles to go... and the video clip of Gordo still made me laugh ;) I needed that smile today.

Anonymous said...

Wow! I didn't realize how beautiful it is down there! I'm so glad you two got a chance to get away and have some well deserved fun! But we're glad to have you back :)

Jenny Ricks said...

Lucky! That looks like so much fun! I could definitely use some sun :) Glad you guys had a good time.