A whole lotta not much!
I really have nothing interesting to blog about, but it's been a while so I figure I should try to update...

First of all, let's just say I am stoked that March is here. Yay, no more January or February! We survived those two months alright this year, but they are never my favorite. I am done with snow and so ready for spring! We are cooped up way too much in the winter. The sun is starting to come out and the kids and I are loving it.
Check out Mr. Chubbness!
Cohen had a bit of a high-maintenance month in February. He was teething the WHOLE month which made him tired all the time and he basically wanted to be held a lot. He started this thing where he would just start yelling at me until I got him. But now he officially has 5 teeth and #6 is almost through! This month he has been back to his sweet, mellow little self and it is SO NICE. And the yelling has toned down tons, thank heavens. I think he went through a growth spurt in February too, cuz he has gotten fat. And I love it. He is still not crawling... I though back when he started sitting up that he would crawl soon, but he is pretty content with sitting :) He can roll around and he can scoot around a bit on his bum to reach a toy, but that's about it. Cody claims that last night while he was babysitting, Cohen actually crawled like two "steps". So we'll see - maybe someday soon. He is starting to want to pull up and stand up more though. If I'm sitting near him, he loves to climb up on me. He also likes to climb up just the fist stair in our house so he is standing. Cohen is still the smileyest baby EVER and so much stinkin' fun. (Literally sinkin', boys definately poop way more than girls!)
Tree trunks!

Now that Ava has turned 3, I feel like she is so big! She is really fun to have around and is ALWAYS talking. Bigtime chatter-box. It's been interesting for me to watch her think deeper thoughts and comprehend so much more. She asks me so many questions and is just trying to figure everything out. She is also more EMOTIONAL. Maybe it is because she does understands more, and because she is such a girl, but she has been crying more often lately. It's not a naughty cry, just emotional. And I think she might be having a little growth spurt of her own, because she is tripping, and bonking her head, toes, and fingers ALL THE TIME. And she is not as tough as she usually is about it all. She asks me a lot, "Mom, you happy??", "You not sad?", "You not mad?". And then she proceeds to tell me her feelings as well, and that she is being a "good girl". So I think she has been contemplating the concept of emotions in general lately, and experiencing them at a heightened level herself. Oh, I can just imagine when she's a teenager! I think I am getting a little glimpse right now. But besides the emotionalness... and I think it's actually kind of cute a lot of the time... she is a doll, and a good little girl. She plays with her dolls and Barbies a lot lately, and loves to be helpful with Cohen. She is really good at playing with her toys by herself, and is easily entertained. She loves to learn too, and knows all her ABC's, what sound every letter makes, is starting to learn to write her letters, can read her name, and can count to 20. She is still loving dance class - it's the highlight of her week.
One really fun thing we got to do recenly was visit the Draper Temple open house. It was so great to be able to take our kids. Ava was thrilled that we were actually going to go see the temple and go inside. She loves finding the temples when we are driving around, and loves me and Cody's wedding picures. She says to me a lot, "Mom, you got married in the temple?!" And thinks it's so cool. Her latest two songs that she sings all the time are, "I love to see the temple", and "I have a family here on earth." So anyway, she was stoked to go, and she loved the experience. When we got to sit in the sealing room for a while, I explained to her that this is where we get married in the temple. She didn't want to leave. She asked me, "Mom, I want to get bigger and get married in the temple." Oh my sweetness. I don't think she REALLY knows what getting married means, but she thinks it's so cool. Probably because of the pretty white dresses. As we were leaving the temple she kept asking us to go again. It's been amazing to have children, and to see her little testimony develop. One thing that is the most incredible to me is how innate it is for her. Somewhere inside she remembers and knows Jesus and it is just a natural thing for her to be excited about church, and Jesus, and the gospel. My testimony has grown from watching her. I hope the temple in Daybreak has an open house too, because I would love so much to take her one more time.
Cody and I are doing good as usual... just the same really :) Not much new with us. But, we somehow end up being really busy all the time! Cody is starting to run again and wants to train for a 5K and a half marathon. I think it's awesome that he is because he is a natural runner. I've been working out lots lately too. Still going to my mom's aerobics class 3 times a week, and I am in love with the turbo-kickboxing class at the gym too! It's so much fun and I have fun friends that I go with, which makes it even better. I've been playing on my ward women's basketball team also (I am awful at b-ball, but got talked into it) and it has been surprisingly so much fun. I'm no good at it, but my team is awesome. And it's been fun to get to know all the fun girls on the team. We have our first regional tournament game on Friday.... Go Garden 9th! (I really should probably just be cheering for them on the sidelines or something, since that was my activity in highschool, unlike all the rest of the girls on my team who played highschool b-ball ;) Cody has been working a ton lately. He works so hard for our little fam, and I am grateful for all he does. He's been selling some Dish on the side to supplement our income a bit, which is great, but he's been busy. All in all we are doing great though. We have fun as a family and our kids bring us more joy then we ever imagined.
4 comments:
Cohen looks like a little man in that first picture! So grown up! I totally agree about the emotional thinng. Madilyn is so much more emotional lately, and always wanting to know how I'm feeling. I'm glad Ava loved the temple. And how sweet that she said she wants to get married there :)
Loved this post! Loved the pictures! Love you guys!
That was a great post! We love Cohens little tree trunk legs. Ava is so beautiful!
How wonderful. You said not much was going on, but it sounds like life is great, and very full! Thanks for the update!
Post a Comment