So guess what Ava and I did for Valentines Day???
We got her ears pierced!!!
Cody was out of town, so she and I were spending the day together. My friend came to visit who has a daughter Ava's age, and she had gotten her ears pierced the day before. I've been wanting to get earrings for Ava, but wasn't sure when a good time would be. Anyway, since Gracie did it I figured we could too! Ava was so excited when I told her - she has been wanting her ears pierced and is always digging through my earrings. I let her know that it feels like when she gets shots, but she was okay with it. Shots at the Dr. office don't bother her, so I figured it would be fine. The other fun part was that Cody had no clue, so it was a surprise for him too... Hehe! I think another reason I was so excited was because when I was little I couldn't get my ears pierced until I was 12, and I didn't like it. I was always envious of the other girls who got to wear earrings, and wished I could too. When I was 8 years old, my mom spontaneously took my sister and I to get our ears pierced. We were so thrilled and excited, but when we got home, my dad made us take them out and grow our ears back in because he thought we were "too young" and had to wait until we were 12. I was devastated, so like the second I turned 12 I had my mom take me back to get my ears done. So, I was excited that now I have my own daughter, and I was going to let her get her ears pierced if she wanted to! A sort of retribution I guess ;) j/k P.S. No hard feelings Dad, promise!!
Anyway, here she is getting ready to go!
She picked out some sparkly pink flowers for her first earrings... She was so excited!

Ready or not, here we go!

This was the look on her face after the first ear...
She looks a little unsure, but at least there were no tears.
Other Side... A little worried this time.

Other Side... A little worried this time.
All done! I was way proud of her - she was so brave and didn't even cry!
Pretty in Pink
She got a sucker afterwards, and that brought a bigger smile to her face!
Then she got to pick out anything in the store for her prize, and she picked a pack of 6 colorful eyeshadows, and a lip gloss. That's my girly-girl!
Despite the poking-holes-in-her-ears-part, Ava and I had a really fun time together having a girl outing. It was a fun and memorable Valentines day for us. The ear-piercing lady asked me to loosen up the back of her earrings right after she pierced them, and as I was doing it Ava said, "No, mommy! Don't take out my earrings! Leave them in!" I assured her I wasn't taking them out, but I was glad that she wanted them to stay :)
This morning when Ava woke up she climbed into our bed, and woke up Cody to show him her earrings first thing (he got home after she was in bed last night). She couldn't wait to show him! He was definitely surprised, but he was happy about it... and didn't make her take them out! ;)
Pretty in Pink






7 comments:
Those pictures are priceless! I love them. She looks more and more like you all the time! I used to think she looked exactly like Cody, but I see so much of you in her now. What a brave little girl! Lets hope Maddie's that brave...
I love Ava's earings and her "new dress"! I still can't believe she was so brave! I love the picture of her right after the first one. Too cute! What a great mom!
That is so cute! She is so brave wow what a cutie!
Such a big girl! I love it. I figure Sydney will get up the nerve here pretty soon. I don't have a specific age either, just whenever she wants to.
She didn't even cry! Ava is one tough puppy! She probably feels so pretty with her earrings in. How fun! I love her worried little face :) She is so precious...
I can't believe how brave she is and that she didn't cry! Those pictures are SO cute!
so cute. Steve is the one always wanting to pierce Holland's ears and I'm holding out. Not sure if it will be until she's 12, but at least until she can ask me for it.
Post a Comment