10.23.2008

3 Months

"Coco" (as Ava likes to call him) is three months today...
He's growing so fast, and it's fun to see him learn and develop.
So here are a few Cohen updates:
  • He is still Mr. Smiley. I think he will be a pretty social person. His sweet little smile melts my heart. He will smile at anyone who wants to talk to him, especially girls.
  • He also LOVES to talk - He will engage in quite a long "conversation" if you will just sit and listen to what he has to say. And he seems to have a lot to say. Especially to girls.
  • He's already a flirt. (Takes on after daddy)
  • I don't know what his weight & measurements are right now, but at two months he was 13lbs (70th percentile), in the 50th percentile for lenght, and 25% for his head. So, I guess he's chubby, with a small head :)
  • He is a sweetheart. Kind of a softy, we think. Ava might be tougher than him.
  • He was sleeping really good :( Until like the last two nights. Maybe he's going through his 3 month growth spurt - I don't know. We put him down awake, and he goes to sleep on his own. He used to only be waking up once in an 11 hr period. Now, last night, he went to bed at 8, woke up at midnight, 3:30, and 5:30! What happened?? I let him cry through the 5:30, and he fell back asleep pretty quick, but he was starving the other two earlier times he woke up. Hopefully this is a growth spurt and he will go back to his previous routine. Any suggestions??
  • He has learned to reach and grab, and bring things to his mouth. He really likes his little toys. He will smile and talk, and reach out for them. He loves blankets too. He will play with a blaket for a long time.

Here's a video, "proof", of him reaching out for a toy and getting it!

We love our little boy so so so much. I couldn't be a happier mommy, and I can't imagine my life without him. I've got the best babies I could ever ask for and I love the crap out of them.
Ooops... did I just say crap??


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

He really is the sweetest little boy! I show him off to all my friends and they agree that his smile is to die for. I love him so much

andrea garber said...

Oh my gosh is he ever cute! I can't believe he is three months already! That's crazy...and yes you did say CRAP! (and so did I)

Krista said...

What a cutie! Don't you just love having a little one again? He seems to really be on top of his game!

Mandie said...

Wow, I can't believe it's already been 3 months. He is so cute....what little ladies man.

Murray Family said...

He is good at getting his toy!! I love that Ava calls him "coco". Too cute!

Barbi Mecham said...

So fun! He is precious as is Ava. And Jessie, you did indeed say crap! And to think you were so refined until Cody came along ;)
Love you guys.
Hey, check out our blog. I am just getting started but it is oh so addicting.
justinandbarbimecham.blogspot.com

Lynnette said...

Just have to let everyone know - I, Grandma Lynnette, got the first giggles out of Cohen yesterday!! It was so cute it melted my heart. That boy is already a lady killer!

Stephanie said...

These are great family pictures, I love them!

Tawny said...

I laughed so hard when suddenly his toy comes flying off the holder and it scares him... his arms go out flat like that one time Kara (or Vanessa?) was changing his diaper and opened his towel. He was wet and cold so it scared the crap of him and he did the same thing and screamed, remember we were laughing so hard!

Anonymous said...

Jessie, he is so cute! I can't believe he is already that old. He just looks more and more like his dad with every passing day.

Angie said...

He is so, so, so cute! And looks so much like Ava. I love that he still has all of that great hair.

Totally sounds like the waking up in the middle of the night thing again is a growth spurt. Hang in there and he'll be back to 11 hours soon. And hey- if you're up give me a call, most likely I will be up with Owen too. :)

Love you guys and hope all is well!
Hugs, A