Chicago is a cool city. The girls and I (and ALL our kids!) have gone up there three times now to explore. There is a lot to do. So far we've checked out the shopping (so good!), gone to Navy Pier, and the Shed Aquarium.

I took this picture with my phone, driving into Chicago. I can't say I love driving around or parking in this city. It's crazy busy! We've taken the train up to Chicago twice, which has been a highlight for Ava. She thinks choo-choo trains are so cool. Riding the train is more convenient than driving some ways - don't have to deal with traffic or parking, and it's more difficult in other ways - trying to hurry kids, diaper bags, and heavy strollers onto the train with only two arms, and having to do the same getting off! - that's a bit stressful.
I forgot to bring my camera chargers out here, so I have been taking all my pictures with my phone now, so the quality isn't so good and I forget to take interesting pictures.
This is Ava watching the otters swim at the aquarium. It was really fun to take her - she's at such a fun age and gets so excited about each little thing. She spent like fifteen minutes staring at hermit crabs!
Navy Pier

Navy Pier
Ava and her little friends, riding the train at the Pier... their faces don't show it, but they really did have fun on this ;)

I got to take Ava on the Farris Wheel on the Pier. She was SO excited about it which made it a really fun experience for me. We could see the whole Chicago skyline, lit up in the night.

I got to take Ava on the Farris Wheel on the Pier. She was SO excited about it which made it a really fun experience for me. We could see the whole Chicago skyline, lit up in the night.






5 comments:
Wow, it's so gorgeous there!
jealous I love H&M Kids... The city looks beautiful glad you get to explore
How fun! It looks like there are a lot of fun things to do out there, what an adventure! Hope your summer is going well!
What a great experience for the kids! There is a whole pile of things to do out there that you just don't get in Utah. Ava was so brave to get on the huge ferris wheel! She's always been brave :)
You are just making me miss home so much more!! I will be there soon and we can go into the city for a day and totally hang out! I can't wait. Just let me know about watching Cohen too. I know Sommer said she could split the time, but I am good either way!
Post a Comment