
Cody and I have gone out for summer sales before, 4 and 5 years ago, before we had kids. It's way more fun coming with kids, I'd have to say! They keep me company all day, and we have a lot of fun spending so much time together. Ava, in particular, is my little buddy. She is a really fun little girl to hang out with. Here are a few things about her lately:
.
She has become my new backseat driver. She is all about finding and translating stop lights for me, and is now my light announcer. "YELLOW! Slow down, Mom. Slow down"... "Mommy! It's red! It's red!! Stop mom!" at every red light... Then, "It's green!! You can drive now. Go faster." She also announces the stores she recognizes. "Look Mom. Target!" and "There's Wendies! ... I want chicken nuggets, Mom."
.
She is also my backseat DJ. "I don't like that song..." So I change the station, "No, not that one..." Change the station again, it's Beyonce - "I like that one."
.
And she sings along. Her current favorites on the radio are "Boom, Boom, Pow" - Black Eyed Peas, and "Halo" - Beyonce. She's getting pretty good at boom, boom pow. She tries to sing along to most of the songs, and catches on pretty well. It's really cute to listen to her. So I have to be careful what radio songs I let play - No All American Rejects for us - "Gives You H..." That would be awful if she caught on to those lyrics! I change the station immediately when that one comes on.
.
Ava is also the little "babysitter" around here. And lovin' it. She is at least twice the age of just about every other kid out here besides two. But it doesn't bother her. She loves playing with Marli and Noah, who are both 18 months. Today she was dressing Marli and helping her try on all her shoes. She threw a little fit tonight because she wanted to help Melanie give Marli her bedtime bath, but I wouldn't let her. The other day I wasn't feeling well and had to lay on the couch most of the day, half aware of what was going on. Ava totally stepped in and took care of Cohen, in her own 3-year old way. Carrying him around, giving him toys, feeding him snacks. I think she was secretly glad I was useless that day. My house was a wreck by the time I could function enough to take over, but it didn't matter. There is a little 7-week old baby out here, baby Lou, who Ava adores. Every time Lou is around around, both my kids are magnetized to her. I think Cohen has a crush. Tonight, Ava got to hold her for the first time, and was so thrilled. Cohen was jealous.
.
As I was getting the kids ready for bed, Cody called and I stepped out of the room to get my phone. A few minutes later, Cohen came walking out of their bedroom looking like this:
.
.
She also has a cute imagination. Sunday morning, Ava woke up jabbering on to Cody and I about the "hot bridges." We had no clue what she was talking about, but she was so excited about them. You have to wear socks to walk on the hot bridges so your feet don't get burned. The hot bridges are so colorful... blue, and red, and pink, and purple. She kept asking when we were going to go to the hot bridges. I asked her where they are and she just says "far away." She has been talking about these mysterious bridges ever since Sunday, and I still can't figure out what they are. She was even telling her friend, Jayden, about the hot bridges today. Asking if he wanted to go too! When her and I are getting ready in the morning she says to me, "After we go to the store, then we go to the hot bridges! I so excited! Mom, you so excited too?!" Is this a dream she had that seemed so real, or is there something out there she would think are hot bridges and I am just not catching on? Any ideas?
.
.
.
She and Cohen are sharing a room out here. I was nervous about it at first, wondering if any of us would be getting sleep, but they have both adjusted to it so good. I think they like being in there together, actually. At night when I put them down to bed and leave the room, they usually spend a few minutes "talking" to each other. Cohen will make silly noises and Ava will laugh. Then they both fade out and fall asleep. I just sit outside there door and listen. It brings back memories of the good ol' days of sharing a room with Tawny when we were little kids - we had so much fun. It puts a smile on my face to hear my two babies in there just being 'brother and sister', and knowing that they love each other so much. What more could I ask for?
She and Cohen are sharing a room out here. I was nervous about it at first, wondering if any of us would be getting sleep, but they have both adjusted to it so good. I think they like being in there together, actually. At night when I put them down to bed and leave the room, they usually spend a few minutes "talking" to each other. Cohen will make silly noises and Ava will laugh. Then they both fade out and fall asleep. I just sit outside there door and listen. It brings back memories of the good ol' days of sharing a room with Tawny when we were little kids - we had so much fun. It puts a smile on my face to hear my two babies in there just being 'brother and sister', and knowing that they love each other so much. What more could I ask for?

4 comments:
Aw, what a great post. Ava's so funny! I'm glad she's being such a good helper for you! That picture of Cohen made me laugh!! HAHA!
I loved this post. It just made me smile to think of what a wonderful mother you are and your beautiful children. I can't wait to have a bff in Carter when he can talk. It also wonderful that they are liking being the room together at night. What a blessing that is!
Can't wait to read your next post. Hugs, A
I die at the picture of Cohen, he's so funny and happy all the time. But that's so cute that Ava has taken over taking care of him and all the other little kids. I miss the little sweet heart! Teya is in the same backseat driver mode too... she instructs me in all the same ways;)
Fun to hear about what Ava is up to. Your kids are sure cute.
Post a Comment